Cognizant is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States. It was founded by Kumar Mahadeva, Francisco D’Souza on 26 January 1994. Cognizant has recently announced an off-campus drive 2022 for freshers and experienced candidates. Interested candidates can apply for this drive. So let’s check eligibility criteria and job details.
- Organization Name – Cognizant
- Qualification – Engineering Graduate
- Job Role – Programmer Analyst
- Batch -Any Batch
- Salary – 3.5- 9.5 LPA
- Employee Status – Full Time Employee
- Branch – Any Branch
- Contract Type – Regular
- Experience – Freshers and experienced
- Location – India
- Qualification – Engineering Graduate
- Any Batch candidates are eligible.
- Be deadline-oriented and quality focused
- Excellent Technical and Computer Knowledge is must.
- Ability to handle conflicts, Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn fast, work excellently in a team.
- Ready to work in Shifts and in a 24X7 work environment as per business specifications
- Both Freshers and experienced candidates are eligible for this role.
- Ability to manage a positive attitude and have a collaborative and associated work environment
- Required analytical thinking including independent decision-making skills
- Participating in user story reviews and identifying gaps in requirements both functional and NFR.
- Creation of subtasks as applicable.
- Create/modify RTM with each and every requirement mapped to one or more test cases , test scripts & defects from Functional, integration & acceptance test code/scripts.
- Perform Requirement Analysis – Understand the application and technical design docs.
- Participate in Backlog grooming session with Product owner and scrum master to prioritize the stories from backlog.
- Create/modify query/clarification tracker and discussion with development teams/scrum master/onsite for query resolution.
Test Strategy and Test Planning: Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc)* Participate & provide inputs, get clarifications in the sprint review meetings with product owner, the Scrum team, project management, customers and developers from other projects.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):
- Candidates should perform In Sprint automation.
- Participate in joint application development with SMEs, session leaders, developers, architects to understand the low level design components.
- Assist / support development team in unit test automation, identify environment dependencies, deployment strategies, release cycle, test data dependencies etc.
- Need ability to write program/ understand code snippet/technicalities.
- Test code developed for automation and non functional should have zero defect.
- Perform Automation Script Maintenance.
- Candidates should write effective and reusable tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
- Adherence to customer/scrum team defined tools/process such as coding standards, SCM & CI standards.
- Focus on reusing existing framework to develop automation and non functional test scripts and usage of cognizant solution accelerators to achieve >98% code coverage/Scrum defined.
- Script maturity – Develop automation scripts required.
- Release/Sprint level activity demonstration with the customer.
Coding Practices & Defect Management
- Need ability to understand the software development process in Agile & Devops model.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews of complex solutions with project team.
- Work with the development team to help define and maintain quality standards.
- Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by tool.
- Track defects (defect log as generated from the QC tool) to closure.
- Retest the defect and update the status.
- Involve in design review meetings, participate in joint application development (JAD) session discussions with developers.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing):
- Candidates should conduct smoke testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- Execute automation test scripts/manual test cases post the same.
- Record and maintain testing evidences and track execution status of assigned test cases.
- Identify defects and log failures.
- Conduct acceptance testing, if required.
- Candidates should provide deployment and post production support if required.
- Identify the test suite for execution, if required.
- Test Execution/ Reporting Strategize and prioritize tests in fast paced agile development.
- Execute automated test scripts using technology concepts.
- Required Leverage test automation framework using the identified test automation tool.
- Incorporate the automated tests into continuous integration process.
Technology consulting Research & analysis:
- Building reusable script library files.
- Participate in framework assessment and tool evaluation.
- Leverage cognizant analytics and continuous testing tool to Identify defects early in the lifecycle.
Project , Configuration & release Management:
- Candidates should understand the project development life cycle, ability to break down the tasks into small work breakdown structures, timely reporting of status & uploading of quality deliverables on time.
- Possess fundamental of software configuration management including version control techniques and the establishment of baselines.
- Possess hands-on working knowledge of at least 1 software configuration management tool.
Check out Jobs and Internships –
- Candidates should identify training needs & continuously improve skills.
- Maintain cordial relation with peers, developers & other stakeholders in the project.
Knowledge & Innovation Management:
- Participate in knowledge transition calls to understand the system/application/requirements.
- Conduct reverse KT with the client / onsite or share the document detailing out the requirement or application/domain knowledge to ensure understanding on the same.
- Organize KT sessions for new team members.
- Focus on creating innovative tools/solutions as required by the project demands.
I hope this blog will helpful for you. If you have any doubt regarding the job recruitment then comment below in the comment section.