IBM (International Business Machines Corporation), is an American multinational technology company, was founded by Charles Ranlett Flint. The company headquartered in Armonk, New York. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) has recently announced off-campus Hiring 2022. So this is a great opportunity to show your talent. Following are the details for this drive. so let’s start
- Organization Name – IBM
- Role – Software Developer
- Salary -7.5 LPA
- Category – Software Development & Support
- Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree
- Year of Passing – Any Passed out
- Contract Type – Regular
- Job Location – Bangalore, India
- Employment Type – Full-Time
- Qualification requires – Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree
- Any Passed outs are eligible.
- Both freshers and experienced candidates are eligible.
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines
- Required strong customer focus
- Ability to manage a positive attitude and have a collaborative and associated work environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy while being able to maintain higher workload
- Excellent English language Skills are a must
- Individually be able to understand client reported concerns.
- Candidate should be Professional and articulate , Flexible and Reliable
- Ready to work in Shifts and in a 24X7 work environment as per business specifications
Roles and Responsibilities
- Candidates will closely interact with the respective Open Source communities (”upstream integration” of your code) and our distribution partners (Red Hat, SUSE, Canonical).
- Responsibilities will comprise of design & specifications for new enhancements, coding (including test automation), problem determination and bug fixing, performance analysis, also solving client problems.
- Linux development team is responsible for enhancing and handling the full stack [Linux kernel and its device drivers, libraries, tools, compilers, debuggers, virtualization (KVM) and test automation & CI/CD].
- Tightly collaborate with the international development teams of IBM [ hardware and firmware development], the global maintainers of Open Source communities, also our Linux distribution partners [Red Hat, SUSE, Canonical]. Our focus is on the support of the IBM Z / LinuxONE architecture, e.g. new processor instructions, new I/O attachments [PCIe, NVMe, Ethernet, RDMA ] and accelerators for cryptographic functions. Linux on IBM Z / LinuxONE forms the basis of many of IBM’s commercial solutions in Cloud, Analytics and AI.
- Attendance at Open Source community meetings is recommended and supported, and client facing activities (e.g. client support, providing lectures at conferences) are possible.
Required Technical Skills
- Candidates should have 0-2 Years experience on Linux Kernel Programming, Exposure to how Linux Kernel Community work, Would be keen to see your work in community, if possible send us the Git link of your work. Extremely Comfortable with Git and it’s work flow.
- Require knowledge of how Operating Systems work would be great.
I hope this blog is helpful for you, If you have any doubts then please comment in the comment box.
All The Best 🙂